When we provide services, such as this webpage, we want to make them as useful as possible. When delivering services over the internet it is common practice to store small amounts of information on your computer or phone. This information is stored by your web browser in small files called cookies. Cookies serve a number of possible purposes:
- Speed up websites by avoiding sending the same information every time
- Measure general usage of the website to help us improve
- Recognise returning visitors so we can highlight new / changed information since your last visit
You can block / remove cookies using your browser.
There are two main types of cookies; first party and third party.
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled directly by us and used to provide information about general usage of our site.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies used by other companies' tools that we are using to enhance our site, for example Google Analytics and LinkedIn buttons have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.